“Karina” is a Russian name. Because of the Russian influence, there are Karinas everywhere in this country. The good thing is people can remember my name right away because it is so common. I have already met two Karinas and heard people know other Karinas. It is kind of funny.
Because of a friend in the United States, I got connect to an American family and their church. Through their church, I met a lot of young people. All are Armenians. Two weeks ago I was invited to a trip going to a village to play soccer with kids. Who would have thought that would happen? It was SO FUN. I’ve never thought I would go to a very primitive village. I have never thought I would hang out with so many kids that live there. I have never thought I would play soccer in Armenia. I have never thought I would play in a green pasture on a mountain under a big blue sky. I have never thought I would be invited to the homes of local families. I have never thought I would be served with bread, cheese, tomatoes, cucumbers and dark coffee every time I visit a family. I have never thought I would learn to sing songs in Armenia. I have never thought the kids would keep calling me “Karii! Karii!” I have never thought I would laugh so much.
It is pretty shocking. I am still processing it. Unexpected things always happen.
“For my thoughts are not you thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” Isaiah 55:8-9
Village
By the way, thank you for all the messages that you have left me here.
Sunday, July 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
karii...sounds like "curry" (Indian soup/dish)-Shyam
ReplyDelete